• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED RW Hart Ultra-Longrange Hunting Rifle

30 Hart

Up for sale is my super long range hunting rifle. It's a complete full custom rifle by RW Hart of Nescopeck, PA. Bobby Hart is a 1986 World Open champ and teaches the FBI snipers about long range shooting. The action is a trued stainless Remington 700 action with a skeletonized bolt handle and a Sako controlled round extractor. The trigger is a Remington that breaks at 2 ½ pounds. It has a 28 inch fluted stainless Hart 1-10 twist barrel. The scope rings are RW Hart custom aluminum and have been lapped. The stock is a McMillan A-5 w/ adjustable LOP and adjustable check piece with dual sling swivels in the front. The stock is aluminum pillar bedded and the action is fully glass bedded with a free-floating barrel. Scope in picture is not included as it already has sold. The caliber is 30 Hart which is a 300 Weatherby with a 40 degree Ackley shoulder with a 300 Winchester neck. It was originally designed as a 1000 yard benchrest round before the big 300 magnums came on the scene, but it really makes a nice ultra-long range hunting round. The case capacity of the 30 Hart is right in the middle between a 300 Weatherby and a 300 RUM. Cases are made fire-forming 300 Weatherby as this round can be used in the gun as well. I only developed one load for this rifle as Bobby has been shooting this round for decades and has a wealth of knowledge. 200 grain Nosler Accubonds at 3150 fps (will give load details to new owner). This load shoots ½ inch at 200 yards with 3-shot groups. Gun costs $2,800 new. I have brass for the owner. (I may even load up all of them with my load if requested) but I'm keeping my dies as I own another 30 Hart sporter I'm keeping (Redding makes Dies for it). I have too many custom rifles and I've only hunted with it once as I just don't hunt like I used too. 82 rounds down the pipe. Obviously this is a specialty item that needs to find the right owner so I'm open to all reasonable offers and trades. You'll need to have your FFL send me a copy of their license to ship it. Thanks for looking. $1500 and I'll include shipping/insurance.

Attachments

• Hart.jpg
    Hart.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 13
  • 20131029_194625_resized.jpg
    20131029_194625_resized.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 12
Very nice rifle! Unfortunately I'm underfunded. I did want to complement your trophy room, although the zebra looks a little flat.