Russo Stocks? Lets see them!

Thanks Guys, sure do appreciate all the nice words.

Here are a few that were never posted.
These were complete jobs finished with auto clear.
RussoStocks0122.jpg

RussoStocks001.jpg

RussoStocks0212.jpg

RussoStocks0202.jpg

RussoStocks0192.jpg

RussoStocks0033.jpg

Last edited:
This one is getting ready to go to Nathan Dagley of Straight Shot Gunsmithing.

Inletted for Glenn Seekins' .338 Lapua detachable mag bottom metal.

RussoStocks002.jpg

Len,

They weigh about the same as a fiberglass depending on action and barrel channel inlet..

Last edited:
Heh, not as 'serious' as it looks -- just the McMillan spacer system to adjust the LOP by adding or removing the spacers.

One more:)
IMG_1667.jpg

IMG_1666.jpg

IMG_1624.jpg

This was finished with auto clear. If you have question about finishing give me a PM. Also Joel was alot of help in getting me started and walking me through the processes.

The finish is what you make of it. Take your time and it will look really nice. If you screw it up, have it Line-xed!
Willys

Last edited:
This one has been seen a lot but I will post it again. Most people want a A5L but I wanted a thumbhole.

This rifle and stock have accounted for five antelope and two pigs at ranges greater than 500 yards out to 1140 yards.

pig2.jpg

240p1.jpg

I also have another rifle with a Russo stock that should have been ready to show today but I didn't get any range time Sunday to do the final work up on the drop chart. The stock on it is walnut, not laminate.

The stock on my 260 was a little bit heavier than a strait McMillan A5 with no adjustable comb or butt plates , I don't remember the exact weights but it was heavier. Feeling an A5 with a thumb wheel comb and butt plate spacer system was definatly heavier than the laminated stock. Of course both can be made heavier and I'm sure you could trime some "non esential" material from them.

I did all the work to both of mine , sanding a little and try it , moving some wood here and their. , the tbrown and brown 260 was finished with spray on polycrylic , the black and brown 6x47 was a bunch of coats of Helmsman sparthane rubbed in and buffed between coats.

Those are some good looking stocks

Joel, do you make any styles other than the A5 style?

I kinda like the idea of a laminate M40A1 style stock...

That tiger stripe stock is sweet , I may have to go that direction rather than a laminate for my next build which is gonna be a mid/light weight rig on a Rem 700 LA.

Joel , what kind of price differance is their for that stock compaired to the A5L's?

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts