RUM

shocked.gif
shocked.gif
grin.gif

I really liked the ol wby she knocked a few off in her day. LOL Gonna be nice trainin a new girl. 300 Really Ugly Mess. Thats what she'll do to em. Poor Mans 30-378. I gotta name for her. Boyd you got mail.
grin.gif

Butch

The 30 Hart was almost the same case as the 30 B&N case that Walt Bryan had for years.
The B& N stands for Bryan and Nye.

The Hart case didn't have quite the short neck as the B&N as I remember.

The B&N was around along time before the 30 Hart showed up. I remember Bobby showing me the Hart case when he started shooting at Williamsport a few years back. Walt was shooting it for years before that.

DC

338-378,

Well looks like the Deserts of Wyo will be ruled by the 300 RUM's
Me, Hunt724, You, Boyd if he brings his... Then we will have a standard 338, a 300 Winny... Boy oh Boy the foothills will never be the same.... I may bring the .308 Just so we don't scare people or the animals too much....

Oh. by the way .. not sure if I told you and Boyd or not.. were gonna be campin in the middle of the foothills... right were the animals sleep... here kitty kitty kitty...

LOL
grin.gif
shocked.gif
wink.gif

Butch

A *****-cat??????

I wonder who the little fellow was that said that???

If it's who I think it was, he knows better, as, he saw what that Tommy will do and with quite a few less clicks.
tongue.gif

I think he forgot to mention that.
grin.gif

Anyway, either case will fill your needs but the Tommy would fill it even better..
wink.gif

Ttell Boyd I said hello .
grin.gif

The ice is still on and will be for a while.

Maybe I should charge up two batteries for the Rangefinder soon??

Later
DC

[ 03-11-2003: Message edited by: Darryl Cassel ]

Darryl,Butch want's to get away from fireforming.And he want's a factory round.For the ranges we hunt the and the 2 reasons listed above....The RUM is better...
wink.gif

Boyd

I understand his (Butch) position on the fireforming and factory rounds.

I found that, you can fireform while hunting or shooting at "Goonies" with full factory loads or full reloaded rounds and then come back with the more powerful loadings the Tomahawk seems to afford.
I believe you said you loaded the 240s in the high ninties as per grains of powder. I use up to 104 grs with that same bullet.

I do agree that the little differance that there is (sometimes) between some of the standard mags compared to an improved design, is not always worth going to, for many people.
I do like sending the 240 out of my 34" barrel at 3235 FPS though. It gets there in a heck of a hurry as you said after seeing it done.
wink.gif
wink.gif

With your 36" barrel and if chambered to the Tommy, you would be looking at 3275 FPS or above, I would think.

Depends on how flat Butch wants to shoot his new rifle.

Take care and hope to see you fellows soon.

Long live the 300 RUM and the 300 Tomahawk.
DC
smile.gif
smile.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.