Ruger M77 / Picatinny rail?

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by Mike6158, Jan 3, 2010.

1. Mike6158

Mike6158 Well-Known Member

Does anyone out there in know of a quality Picatinny rail that can be mounted to the built-in integral mount on a Ruger M77? Is that even practical? I'm a Remington guy so the M77 is a little foreign to me.

2. AZShooter

AZShooter Well-Known Member

I don't believe it exists. If money is no object you ought to give Near Mfg a call, maybe he can make you a one of a kind. When I was looking everywhere for a picatinny rail for a Mark X he had one.

I have often considered having the Ruger integral bases machined off a couple of my old M77s and putting on some low rings and bases. It always bothered me that Ruger's lowest rings were not low enough.

Be sure to let us know if you find a system.

3. FEENIX

FEENIX Well-Known Member

4. dodgefan

dodgefan Active Member

I asked this question before on another site and and least one poster says the Farrell mount is for an older model M77 without the integral bases. You might want to confirm it with Farrell just in case. Leatherwood actually has one for the integral bases, but I have no idea what the quality is. It's on page 17 of their online catalog.

http://www.hi-luxoptics.com/images/catalog/Hi_Lux_2010_Product_Catalog.pdf

5. SBruce

SBruce Well-Known Member

FWIW, Burris makes a "Ruger to Weaver" two piece adapter. Then the Signature Zee rings will attach to the "new" bases. I am not 100% sure, but I believe you can get 20moa inserts for those rings. If I am remembering correctly, they come standard with 10moa capability.

I know this isn't exactly what you were asking for, but it is an option if for some reason you cant find a one piece 1913 rail.?

6. MontanaRifleman

MontanaRifleman Well-Known Member

Sell the M77 and get a Vanguard/Howa, Rem or Savage :)

7. Mike6158

Mike6158 Well-Known Member

:D I got a Savage. It's a beast. AND I got a 20 MOA base for the Ruger. But the Ruger just sits. I'm thinking about having it converted.

<edit> I got this thread mixed up with a post I made about my 10-22 a while back. The M-77 I was asking about was for my son and my nephew. I'll have to pass this info on to them. That's a nice looking Ruger (post after this one)

Last edited: Mar 19, 2011
  8. FEENIX

FEENIX Well-Known Member

That's exactly what I did on my M77 MKII ...

[​IMG]

9. brainey64

brainey64 Member

Farrel makes them to fit Ruger and Murphy Precision does also. Myself i will be making my own for my Ruger 7mm rem mag. Likes the titanium from precision but not the cost.

10. sdeviation

sdeviation Well-Known Member

i bought this one made buy B-square.. it looks like it would move around but it hold perfect on my 300 WM...
    ht tp://swfa.com/B-Square-Ruger-to-Weaver-Base-Adapters-C613.aspx
    i`d have to dig through the boxes to find the wrapper it came in for the part #
    not a pica-tinny but its an option to get sum height and different rings in there...

11. ILtoMT50

ILtoMT50 Well-Known Member

i just ordered a rail from ken farrell, will let ya know how it is when i get it on the rifle.

12. wyopokesfan33

wyopokesfan33 Active Member

I've been looking for this also. Just stumbled across this outfit. Don't know much bout them. But another option.

13. wyopokesfan33

wyopokesfan33 Active Member

14. FEENIX

FEENIX Well-Known Member

Yep, I knew about them. However, it does not work for my .338 Win Mag in accordance with their caliber power factor formula(?). The last time I contacted them for the possibility of special order, I was told it is not available yet and once they figure out their challenge they will post the update.