ruger m77 mk2 rings

shawn68

What rings should I get for my mk2?

I was looking for a picatiny one piece rail. Who makes a good one?

I don't know of anybody that makes a one piece rail for the Ruger rifles , I know that Burris used to make a weaver conversion that mounted to the Ruger base and they had 3 or 4 slots in them.

[ QUOTE ]
B-Square makes a rail.

There are a couple of gunsmith blanks that can be drilled.

[/ QUOTE ]

+1 buy a rail and have it drilled to fit. Nightforce sells one and have great rings to go with it...

I don't have a Ruger to measure but is the rear base the same measurement lower than the front as it is on the remington 700?

I'm in the same boat with my Sako L691 , and I can't see paying Near $195 just to check and see if it will fit

The rear base is alot lower than the front. I did not realize my rem 700 is lower in the rear. Ill go check...

Its should be a bit lower as the front is the full round diameter and the rear is semi-flat. they could be close though.
I've been pondering the full flat base for my Sako and just drilling and tapping it. The whole dovetail thing kinda sucks since their not consistant from model to model

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.