Ruger M77 help

308Bronco

Hi everyone, I have a quick question to run by you guys. I just bought a M77 7x57 from a friend of mine. Its only the barreled action and when I got it from him, the tang button and safety link were laying in the case. I looked at a few of mine to see how they are put together and fixed the problem.......I thought. Now the trigger has no movement at all. My question is does the action have to be in a stock to engage or is there more likely other problems? I couldnt pass up on the deal and I dont think I got took, just was thinking this will be a great little gun for my daughter...or maybe me.....lol. Anyhow any insight would be most helpful. I'll be visting back more after we get harvest done.

No the action doesn't have to be in the stock. More than likely you've got the button turned around. I think the long side goes to the rear. That should do it.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.