Ruger M77 Hawkeye Standard 257 Roberts

kind of like to try on myself. Ive had three 77 tang safety 257s on 77r and two ultralights and all three were crapy at best in the accuracy dept. I ended up with one of the limited run 257 #1a guns and its a decent shooter. Ive got two hawkeyes now one a 264 and the other a 7mag (which by the way i won too) Both of those two rugers shoot great. As a matter of fact i about gave up on ruger bolts before i owned those two. I heard the hawkeyes are much better shooters then the older rugers and have to believe it. Id still like to have a 257 bolt gun and may have to buck up and buy one. Sure like to hear how yours does though.

There hasnt been an antelope season here in two years because we had such harsh winters this past couple of years but this year we had a very warm winter so i am hoping to use it on antelope this year if there is even a season

I was there last fall. Blue tongue was hitting the deer hard. Seems last I heard the cold shut the blue tongue down before it got outa hand?? Only saw a couple dozen antelope in six months.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.