Ruger M77 Detachable Magazine

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by AJS, Feb 21, 2008.

1. AJS

AJS New Member

Anyone installed a detachable magazine in a factory Ruger M77 stock? I have a M77 300 win mag. If so what materials did you use, etc.
    Thanks,

2. VjjR

VjjR Well-Known Member

bump. I would also like to know about this. There is the new ruger gunsite scout rifle with a detachable mag. I have a ruger compact in 243 i would like to find a detachable mag for. should be easy since its a 308 case

3. ohmsad

ohmsad New Member

I've got a Ruger M77 .308 Win. I asked Ruger about purchasing the box magazine parts kit that they install in the Gunsite Scout Rifle. The parts are not for sale. They suggested Brownell's or MIdway for aftermarket parts. Have not found any yet but still looking. I think a ten round magazine would be great for an M77.

4. ohmsad

ohmsad New Member

Check out Sharpshooter.com. They have a universal detachable magazine kit and it's reasonably priced. I've been looking for this and found the info on LRH.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2012
  5. vendetta333

vendetta333 Well-Known Member

i also called ruger and the woman i spoke with went and asked someone else if the gunsite gear would work and was told no. i do not understand how though. p.s. the shaprshooter link didn't work. it wasn't a link just underlined text but i tried typing in the address and it took me to hasbro toys website.

6. chad44

chad44 Well-Known Member

I know this is a really old thread but PTG is making one now. Stealth version. I'm pumped about it.

7. Big Jake Duke

Big Jake Duke Well-Known Member

Who is PTG? I have a m77 in 308 and it needs some loving.

8. FEENIX

FEENIX Well-Known Member

9. chad44

chad44 Well-Known Member

PTG stands for pacific tool and gage. Don't think that the BDM is on their site for the m77 but it is for the other rifles so you can see what it looks like. Just call to order.

10. Big Jake Duke

Big Jake Duke Well-Known Member

Thanks guys.

Feenix- how is the 270AI treating you?

Pm me so we dont hijack the thread.

11. gunzy

gunzy New Member

P T G is Pacific tool&gage they are in the process of making aftermarket upgrades
    for ruger 77 and other makes of rifles for detachable magazines. I believe by the end
    of this year long time coming we can only hope!

12. 82bluestang

82bluestang Well-Known Member

I called ptg today and they said that the setup for the m77 is still 3 months out unfortunately.