RUGER 204 STORY

Yep, you guessed it! The 6br <font color="blue"> IS </font> my favorite long range round. More specifically, the 6br improved fast twist. It burns 30 grains of Varget and pushes a 95 grain berger vld at 3075. Will go to 1500 yards very accurately.

I also have a 22-250 improved fast twist that shoots the 75 amax at 3450 and I can tell you that it is a great long range round. Dumped many a chuck at over 1300 yards with it. However, it heats up the barrel twice as fast and has far less barrel life. If anyone wants to get really good at 1000 yards plus, you have to shoot tons of ammo and the 6br can handle it and then some!

I will always have a 6br improved fast twist in my arsenal or maybe two!

Well, you have sold me, I guess I am going to have to have a 6mmBR built. Sounds like a great caliber.

If you want a single shot, get a 6mmBR.. or a improved BR. It will get the job done handsomly!

If you want a repeater, Im going with a 223AI. 75 A-max at 3000+fps, is a 1000 yard cartridge, with NO recoil..
40 grain V-max at 4000fps kills of anything within 400yards.

You can get a 6br to feed, but, it will cost you, or you can buy a Tikka 595 with a 22-250 magazine. It will feed it just fine.

Where I live, its almost impossible to find a one, so Im going with a 223AI. Its more fun to shoot when you dont need a muzzlebreak.

Thanks for the info. I am going to have my gun smith get started on one pretty soon.

Wildcat

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.