• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Ruger 1V rifles

cafsman

Do you know of anyone with Ruger No.1 firarms for sale? I am especially interested in finding the following:

243 Win 1v, 280 Rem 1v, 6.5 Rem Mag, 264 Win Mag, 300 H&H, and 7mm-08 in red pad models. I have other Ruger #1's as well as Winchester Model 70's to trade. PM or email ruger1vprodigy.net.

I am a retired fire chief from a small IL community that started a quest a few years back to acquire a small collection of fine quality single shot rifles.....specifically the Ruger #1. These will be a future gift for my one and only four year old grandson. I only purchase pre-owned guns and there is a reason. With each firearm I buy I have the owner provide me with a brief history about how they came to own the gun and any fond memory they might have with the rifle. This way my living legacy also includes many other legacies and a sense of being that will be associated with each firearm in the collection.

My better half was not on board with my idea at first and thought I should buy a CD. CD's do not taste like venison. And with recent financial institution failures, I am starting to look like a genius.

Last edited:
the ruger 1 v was never chambered in 6.5 rem mag to my knowledge, there was a production run of about 100 in the 1b, i owned one of these rifles, look around the denver area for them.

I am aware that the 257 Roberts and 6.5Mag were not 1v and that is why I stated "tapered barrel". I guess I should have said 1b.

Are you aware of anyone with either for sale?

My bad. I mentioned tapered barrel in another post. Anyway, still looking for all of the 1v's mentioned and the two 1b models in 6.5 Rem Mag and 257 Roberts. Any "odd" caliber will be considered as well.

Last edited: