RRA LAR-8 or Savage 10FP-SR?

wbundy

This...
pu308va4.gif

or this?
d27359X8m_XeGQy95Yc.png

I have had a 24" Savage 10FP before and loved it! It was an amazing rifle. I really like the 22" threaded version now, but I have had my eye on the LAR-8 Varmint model for some time now. I realize that there is quite a price gap, so do i wait and spend the money to get the RRA LAR-8? Do ya'll think it would be worth the investment? How would these two guns compare in accuracy, long range capability, versitility? What are your thoughts?

I have shot both platforms in a variety of calibers for several years, targets and competitive shooting out to 500 yards. The AR rifles are capable of excellent accuracy and I have a couple that compete with bolt rifles quite well out to that range. If maximum accuracy was my primary focus, particularly at longer ranges, the advantage goes to the bolt. I could argue this with a couple of my AR's as I'm sure others can as well. But, the AR has a lot more variables to consider in the design(bolt bounce, load balance for feeding, bullet length limitations, etc.). It really depends on your personal preference, and specific criteria. They are two very different animals.

the rra is a nice gun but one other thing to consider is the fact that rra .308 are only compatible with rra components (other than the trigger)

as grey said two different beasts.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.