RPA interceptor

im using one and i love it
its an allrounder basicly i use mine for f class as well as long range varmint shooting and stalking deer the lot
At the moment its in 6mmbr cartridge which is one of my favorite rounds
iv got a new barrel which im going to screw on in a dasher or brx just to give me that slight edge its a great action which is as solid as they come heres a few pictures
BILD0148.jpg

IMG_0013.jpg

IMG_0014.jpg

IMG_0011.jpg

thanks for the comments
it was 6mmbr.com and your video that got me started on this rifle and caliber so thanks
the stock isnt great realy for f class as there is some torque which doent help but it does ride the bags quite well and a slightly firmer hold on the rifle tends to iron this out a bit my biggest let down at the moment is my scope which is realy holding me back as its only a 10 power i struggle sometimes to put the bullet where i want
the accuracy is pretty good though with the 105 berger moly bullets driven by RL15 apart from the quite bad carbon build from the powder im quite happy .
this is also a tight neck and i turn cases down to .267 which i find cleans them up nicely
how do you like the brx as im still unsure which way to go with my new barrel.
the cheapness of the brx is tempting but im still not sure about the short neck can you convince me of the brx or would you go the dasher route
my list of things to do to this rifle goes like this;
new scope nxs 12-40
then change the barrel and if got any money left change the stock to a tooley mbr style
any thoughts

Smackumdown,

That stock has, to me, some very pleasing features.
I especially like the looks of the pistol grip/palm swell.
It looks like the thumb would lay perfectly parallel to the bore and make for a pretty sweet trigger brake.

How would one get with the stock maker?

David Bergen,

I went to the link on your rifle. I read the whole thing.

Pretty nice, in fact very nice.

Good work all the way around.

I had to grin at the "fly" shot.:D

I did the same thing many years ago during a bench rest match.
It was the last shot of the last relay.
I was locked in a dead heat with my shooting buddy.
The gallery was watching through their spotters.
He made his shot. It didn't enlarge the group.
The gallery was on the edge of their seats.
Now it was up to me and that ****'d fly landed on my scoring target about a inch and a half from the group.
I was in the zone, so to speak.
I knew where the bullet was going to go.
I shifted to the fly.
I broke the trigger. The gallery gasped.
When the target came in for score I was questioned about what happened.
All I said was, "What color is the ring around the hole?"
The scorer looked again and said "Red".
All I did was give a big smile. In fact I'm still smiling.
I ended up second in the match but it was well worth it.

hi if your looking for an allrounder stock this is it
the only thing i regret is that i didnt get in a nice marbled colour
robertson makes these stocks they are extremly firm and are realy comfortable also i would advise a thumscrew rather than an allen key as this speeds things up as bolt can only be removed when cheekpiece is fully down thanks again
w sharman

Yesterday,
I had a phonecall with a RPA dealer in the UK.
The interceptor isn't available in 260 Rem as a standard gun. In 260 it is considered a custom gun adding about £1000 to the gun :confused:
That's not an option at the moment. So I think I am only going to buy the action and start building a gun arround it. Probably with the aics stock.

I to was a bit worried about the short neck BRX, but case preparing and reloading is so simple with it. I just neckturn the required distance on the neck and fireforn it with 30 grains Varget. It's that simple and the fireform
loads shoot really well. Sizing can be done with standard BR dies although I also have bought a custom Hornady sizer die.(cheap and excellent)
Only minor thing for me is. You have to careully select the freebore on your reamer. Mine is setup for 105 Bergers but works very well with Sierra and Lapua match bullets. The Hornady 105 Amax sits to low in the neck.
The boat tail is below the neck shoulder junction, but it shoots very tiny groups that way.....
In the long run I don't think neck lenth is going to be an isue.

thanks for getting back
thats the one problem with rpa they are extremely expensive especialy with silly little things like the chambering
if you dont mind me asking what price have they quoted you

Action with 0.5 kg trigger and a 20 Moa rail
£1177 without the taxes

UK dealer price for an interceptor in standard caliber
singleshot £2415 taxes included
repeater £2950 " "
rail £130
When I want the 260 Rem add £1000 to the above .

ouch thats expensive i paid £2200 with 20 moa rail and the 6 mmbr barrel wasnt standard iether that seems like rip off go with just the action and trigger like you are doing a barrel cant cost more than £600 fully fitted surely!!! thats robbery

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.