Rooster Fishing Christmas Break

This christmas break I went fishing for a weekmy uncle , from 5:30 AM to 11:30 AM, at the coasts in Ecuador, looking for A nice rooster fish. The first day we did not find anything and we were not able to arrive to the place we where supposed to go becuase the tide was to high, waves where bigger than the small boat we where going in. The second day, we went out and the Spanish Mackerel began to fall for our Rapala hooks. After taking out 2 Spanish Mackerels at around 9:30 AM, A rooster fish ate the bait. I grabbed the rod, and began to reel the fish in. It took me about 20 minutes to take the fish out. As as soon we saw the fish we said " Its a huge rooster!" (the one with me sitting down" We pulled it out of the water and indeed it was a huge rooster. We then started heading back and we arrived home with a huge smile and a nice fish. The next day we got another rooster fish a bit smaller, caught by my unlce and we also took out several Spanish Mackerel, (the rooster being held up on the boat). The third day was only spanish mackerel which can put up a nice fight, and with the teeth start tearing up the rapalas. The fourth day we where not able to go out to where we had to becuae of high tides and we stayed fishing near our departure point. That day the waves where huge and they could flip the boat easily near a rocky edge. Then, one wave hit the side of a boat and some water came in, my unlce jumped and pushed hte side of the boat so it did not flip. A scary moment, but exciting. The fifth and last day we went fishing we got a smaller rooster and many spanish mackerel, (the rooster with me standing at the dock). A nice fishing week, and exciting, I hope you enjoy the pictures. feel free to reply.

Attachments

• DSC_0527.jpg
    DSC_0527.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 117
  • DSC_0569.jpg
    DSC_0569.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 100
  • DSC_0656.jpg
    DSC_0656.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 106
  • DSC_0703.jpg
    DSC_0703.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 99
  • DSC_0801.jpg
    DSC_0801.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 108
  • DSC_0819.jpg
    DSC_0819.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 108
haha very true, we get that all year long, there are no seasons over here, so its pretty nice to able to go out wearing a shirt. But it all depends where you go, in the beach here its always hot, but if you go to higher altitudes you will need warmer clothes.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.