Rookie question

Courtgus

First off I want to say this is a great site with tons of info and thanks for letting me be a part of it.

Second I have been looking around for a new gun and ran across this Hart Rifles and would like ya'lls thoughts on it.

Third I have not talk a custom builder yet but how does it price wise stack up to a custom gun?

I am wanting to get a gun that I set up ( loads and optics) and take deer or elk out at 600+ with pratice of cource.

Thanks again

Jamie

With a starting price of $2,400 + action it's probably in your typical custom range. You probably have to add $600 for a blueprinted Rem 700 action, or $1000+ for a Stiller/Defiance/Nesika small series/custom action. Add things like bases and rings, maybe a bipod, and you're around 4k.
Now compare that to a AI AWS that goes for 6k and a custom looks like a bargain :D

I build my own, using old, redily available LA 700 actions and bergara bbls. So far I have about 2100.00 in the total builds, including optics (burris exteme tactical 6x24x50) These guns shoot under 5/8" at 200 yds. I like to do them myself and the BERGARA bbl system lets me do it. Trueing the action is simple once the old bbl is removed, and YOU control the time frame for completion. And it feels good to shoot something you did yourself.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.