Ron Paul

You cant sit here and tell me Bush isn't profiting from any of this. I dont know exactly where I got it, but if Bush doesn't own one of the biggest oil fields in Texas, then I guess its a moot point. However, since I know for a fact he does, I guaruntee hes making more then his fare share, I dont care what anybody says. Were all getting screwed, period!!

edge,

You're exactly wrong on who I voted for, but I won't give you the satisfaction of knowing who I voted for, or who I will vote for. You couldn't handle it anyway.

On the other hand, you've committed your play, and he'll go down as one of the poorest of all time. If you think Hillary isn't out of it, you might be delusional. It makes me laugh. She is done, over, nada. I'll add a post to this thread and you'll look foolish again once Obama or McCain are sitting in the Oval Office. And then what..., you'll say Hillary could still be president? Someone could die or be impeached and then Hillary will get her supporters to re-write the Constitution and place her into office. You need to shake your head and hope the brain cells realign themselves, and face the realities as they currently exist. Yeah, Hillary could be president. Just like it's possible the sun might not rise tomorrow morning. You wanna argue the merits of that one too?

Hey, my veins aren't popping and I'm not the one making a fool of myself. I'm laughing at your antics while I type this. If it weren't for the recreational value of responding to your make-believe posts, I'd be on with it.

As before, I'd advise you to post about non-political topics, because you're mind is closed, you're wrapped tighter than a banjo string, and you'd be less apt to pop. And that would be a shame.

phorwath, didn't the doctor increase your meds yet?

You are the banjo string that said that "She's formally withdrawn her candidacy", but all I did was to point out that you don't know what you are talking about.

Please up your meds cuz you are typing so hard you'll break your keyboard :)

Who cares who you voted for, you probably don't vote anyway, but that is another matter.

Please up your meds!

edge.

edge,

Read my lips.

Hillary is out-of-it. Is she still campaining? Has she closed down her campaign camp? Is McCain debating with Hillary or Obama. She's only in it in your mind, which is a figment of your imagination. Shake your head. The nerve synapses might realign enough for you to get a grip on the reality of the current situation. Hey, why don't you call the Hillary campaign and ask them if they're hiring. Will that make it any clearer to you, or will you have to wait until after the general election and Hillary's name isn't on the Democratic ticket before the light bulb comes on. Will she still be in it then?

I'll be the last one laughing here, all the way to the end. I'll add to this post to remind you that the sun rose tomorrow morning, and I'll add to this post when McCain or Obama are elected the new President of these United States. Will that be clear enough, or will Hillary still be in it. What other conspiracy theories have you got to put on the table for us?

Ms. Hillary is out - of - it. Just like she was when I posted a month or so ago in this thread. But if it makes you feel better, I'll write here that Ms Hillary is still in contention for the Presidency - in edge's mind. There, that should make you feel all better. What a joke. Keep on posting. It just doesn't get any better than this.

BIG YAWN

Take your meds, I never said that she was running! I said that she did not drop out. She is there in case Obama stumbles. Perhaps a double dose and then you can understand the written word....a Ron Paul supporter, second thought you probably can't!

edge.

I'll post in the morning, when the sun comes up over the horizon.

I'll post after the general election, after McCain or Obama have been formally elected. Then tell me Hillary is still a contender. You've watched Rocky too many times. Ha... I'm all smiles. You're really funny in your own way.

I'll post in the morning, when the sun comes up over the horizon.

I'll post after the general election, after McCain or Obama have been formally elected. Then tell me Hillary is still a contender. You've watched Sylvester Stallone in Rocky too many times.

Ha... I'm all smiles. You're really funny in your own way.

Is there a broken record here? Keep making up stuff in your own mind and the guys in the white outfits are going to pick you up. Too bad, this could have been a spirited dialog.

RIF, Reading Is Fundamental!

edge.

Next post in the morning.... ;)

The morning after...

Pssstt... Hey edge, danged if the sun didn't rise this morning. Just like it set on Hillary's nomination hopes for the Presidency more than two months ago. If you need to wait until the DNC in September to understand, I'll post again then to let you know Hillary still hasn't received the Democratic nomination. And if hasn't crystallized by then, I'd be happy to post after the general elections.

And we'll still be in an Iraqi quagmire long after your beloved disgracefully leaves the oval office. I just can't believe we weren't welcomed as liberators after we set up house and home in a tribally dictated country. I hate it when that happens. Diesel's over $5.00 a gallon here. Better place some change in the piggy bank.

Now give us the conspiracy theories. A little bit of Fidel Castro is it? Rocky Balboa? "I was a contender" Poor Hillary... and now the despair and depression set in.

Last edited:
I've tried to stay out of this but this is crazy. Who cares what party he voted with. The right thing to do is the right thing to do. Yes Ron Paul does have some democratic views. For instance. He does want the war (very democratic), but his reason is great. If you do so looking into it you find out that his opinion is that if we would have never went over there in the first place (desert storm) and let them handle there own problems then we would never have had these terrorist attacks. Kinda one of those mind your own business things. The reason he has know support is becuase he is a man of reason and change. He understand how America should work and is trying to get it back that way no matter what it takes or who it offends. Obama's campaign is based on CHANGE. HA HA. Ron Pauls campaign is based on more of a change. Its just a change that is going to offend people and make the american people stand up for there self. In my opinion the way it should be. IF you want to better yourself do something about it don't depend on the goverment for it.

I'm all for any man that wants to close the borders and do away with well-fare. I sick of this crap. I'm sick of being fair and giving hand outs. I have to work hard and long hours for everything I have. So what if stuff hurts peoples feelings. Do something about it. Society is based on a low-middle-high class system. It always will be and always should be. God made us different so why is the goverment trying to make us all the same. I'm a 26 year old white christian male with a wife and 1 kid. In today world I'm a minority. You think the goverment gives me or my family anything. NO. I have 1 kid becuase at the present time that is all me and my wife can support. Instead of have 3 which I would love to do, and having the goverment support them. People have got to start taking responsablity for there actions. I know people how say they can't afford health care but drive a $40,000 SUV. Why becasue the goverment want pay for that car but they will pay for the health care.

As far as the gas prices go. Gas prices are up because the american dollar is no longer based on gold as it is intended to be but on oil. The more countries that quit trading oil in the american dollar the higher it's going to go. Again Ron Paul gets my vote because he wants to get the dollar based back on goal as it was intended therefor lowering oil and increasing the value of a dollar.

Bad as I hate to say it it's people like your very selves that are going to kill this election. If you thing Ron Paul is the best canadate then vote Ron Paul. Don't vote Mc Cain, just because you think your vote will be wasted if you vote for Ron. Stand up for what you beleive.

Sorry but I've had all this political crap I can take jsut had to vent.

Please do a little more research on Doctor Ron Paul. He is not what he appears to be. His actual policies are really different than what he campians on. Says one thing and does another.

This is from a Texan that has seen his wily, covert ways.

Voted against Bill HR2206 7/12/07 funding troops in Iraq(Voted with Dems)
Voted against Bill HR 1 Ammendamant to Homleand Security act to implement recommendations of the 9/11 commision
No vote on Bill S 1927 amendment to Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act
Voted Against Bill S 3930 Military Commissions act (Voted with Dems)
Voted Against Bill HR 5825 Electronic Surveillance Act (Voted with Dems)
Voted Against Bill HR Estate Tax Extension Act (Voted with Dems)

Key Votes by Ron Paul | Congress votes database | washingtonpost.com

Just look at how many times he votes with the Democratic party and against his (LOL) Republican party. A politicians words or website is one thing, his actions and voting record is another.After being in the Senate for twenty years, why is he not a major leader in the Republican party, because he is not a Republican, and has no support in the Senate.

Try to find his sponsored bills that have succeeded in getting passed. He, in my opinion, is a professional politician that has done nothing for this country and the 14th District but has done well for himself with raising money for his political coffers.

If you vote for Ron Paul, it is nothing more than a proxy vote for the Democratic candidate in reality.

He has zero chance of winning anything, and will only suck off non liberal votes like you. You are only playing into the Democrats hands by doing that!

you are doing the same as staying home because a vote for Ron Paul is a wasted vote and lost which will only benefit Obama or Hillary in the end.

Your choice, but do not be naive and think it is anything positive.

BH

Waaah the dems are going to take my guns waaaaaaaah -how about this ----let someone try and take my guns --------vote on all you want to vote on in wash-dc outlaw my guns all you want -but when you come to get them be ready for a shoot-out !!!!!!!!!!

People like us have to stand together on issues like this -i said it before and i'm saying it again screw a bunch of voting and discussions on crap talk of taking firearm rights --let the polititions know """ it's not up for discussion or a vote"""..........Here's how it is """you mess w/ my guns you get killed""" .......That's makes it real plain..........

This country needs to mind its own business in the world and if other countries don't want a constitution and individual rights fine -be a pansy *** and do what you're told.NOT ME i'm living a free life thanks to my forefathers --and i'll stand up for those rights w/a gun if need be---just like the bill of rights says to --""Each state will have a well armed -well trained militia""" =that's me............

ALL the candidates suck as usual ..

I'm surprised about some of the dialogue here. Some random thoughts:

Dr. Paul's track record is to vote for individual freedom, limited government, constitutional rights, and minding our own business. He's not "voting with Dems" or being two-faced, he's sticking to his priniciples whichever party line they happen to align with at the time. He's not popular in congress because of this fact. He doesn't "play the game".

Gun Owners of America rates Obama as an "F" candidate. They rate McCain as an "F-" candidate. Obama votes anti-gun, but McCain introduces and carries anti-gun legislation. Bad juju.

I disagree that the most important thing is to do whatever it takes to keep us safe, via government oversight and a built up military. The Swiss have no standing army, but by golly nobody has messed with them for hundreds of years, and they have had some pretty contentious neighbors the last century or so. It's the lethally armed and ready citizenry thing...along with mnding their own business.....hmmmm

Speaking of the military, which candidate had the highest monetary support/donations from the military than any other during last year's primaries? Ron Paul....if that isn't an indictment on McCain and the military, I don't know what is.

The Supreme Court justice thing is an important point, re: Heller vs. DC, as FOUR justices voted against the Constitution. However, nowhere in the written majority opinion was "shall not be infringed" seriously discussed, in fact the justices went out of their way to state that current restrictions are A-OK...so while we won on outright bans..."reasonable" restrictions are alive and well...BOHICA.

Bottom line: I think what state you live in will have the most weight in how you will be able to live your life..states with strong gun and freedom cultures like Montana, Wyoming, Idaho, Alaska and Nevada will be safer havens than most others, even with an oppressive FedGov. We might as well get it on at this point, as we are just delaying the inevitable.

So get ready, LongRangers...

Take care,

Scott

Re: Hey edge

Did you notice who won the Republican nomination and who won the Democrat nomination. I don't see Hillary or Ron Paul?

Now, do you want to know who's going to win the election?

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.