Rockchucker Supreme or Rebel Press

Out of those two, the Rebel. Reasoning is heavier/wider, taller, and the grease zerk on the ram. I like the bottom primer ejection and lack of on press priming because the ram has solid walls without the primer arm cut - I don't prime or deprime with a press so this is a beneficial feature in my book. If he wants to prime on press it's obviously a deal killer.

That said I have an RC IV and it works great, either are good options. Kind of like describing what underwear I prefer, it's a big decision but as long as you make one it's much better to have than to not have 🤣

Last edited:
My rock chucker turned 40 a couple years ago and it's made 1000s of rounds of match grade ammo. Plus it's pressed some automotive bearings and other abuses…lord I apologize for that. My only complaint is the old plastic cup primer catcher which is minor. Anyway, I wasn't press shopping but happened to watch Gavintoobe's UR single stage press shootout. He compared 14 presses. https://ultimatereloader.com/2019/04/08/fourteen-reloading-presses-compared-single-stage-shootout/ A crazy expensive german CNC prezzi-press won overall but I noticed several other presses were very close and the new RCBS Summit came in Second when looking at TIR. I backorderd one from RCBS it's cool looking and made great ammo but I could never get used to it. I kept grabbing the greasy center column. I traded for a rock chucker IV and could not be happier. But I believe without a doubt, that the hard-to-find Forester coax, Frankford Arsenal, or even a sturdy Lyman would serve me just as well.