Rock River Coyote

MHO

Need help finding a different stock for my 223 to increase the LOP. I know there are some magpuls listed on their site, but are these stocks easy to swap out. I know it might be a dumb question to some but I have never swapped stocks on an AR. It has the skeleton stock on it right now. Thanks for your input.

MHO,

Very easy. Think of it this way; ARs are nothing more than Tinker Toys for big boys. Completely modular, virtually no gunsmithing involved in them, just a matter of taking off the part(s) you don't care for and whacking another one you do on in its place.

As they say, finest rifles in the world that can be whacked together with a rubber mallet!

Kevin, Hey thanks. I didn't figure it was too difficult but have learned a long time ago, better to ask first. Again thanks a lot.

You'll need one or two specialty wrenches, but they're pretty cheap. Might also take a look at one of the various manuals out there on AR builds. Glen Zediker's Competitive Builder's Guide is (IMO) the best one going. Good clear pics, full explanations and lots of helpful tips.

Go for it!

Kevin, Just ordered the book. Thanks for your input. Went down today to buy a stock and found out its not that easy. lol. Should have known . That stock is the ace skeleton. Now I have to find out all the specs on it. Then get back to them.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.