Rock Creek Customer Service

All I can say is that I called them once, ordered a barrel, gave them all my info and even Kirby's mailing address in which to send it, and never heard from them again! Never returned an email and I decided on something else before I made another call.

Greetings all,
The service in years past has been slow, as my workload was rather high. We are currently no more than three weeks out on anything, and are shipping .30'a daily.

I shipped a barrel to a Kirby in Montana, and that was a while back. I will check UPS tracking in the morning.

We have five people on the floor now, and we all answer the phone and fill out the PO sheet. It gets logged on the work schedule and shipped as fast as possible. Like I say, no morfe than three weeks out now.

We are shipping every day, and caught up on the ones from 'way back'.

If you have one of these 'lost' orders, please call Mike, James or Paul. Since about a year ago, lots of good things have happened for our loyal customers, and we keep getting good reports from the shooters.

Just CALL or better, email now. We did lose all our mail from about two months ago....wonder if that was where that order went? Moral of that one is don't let Mike play with the computer.

608-862-2357 is the phone, the fax is 2356.

Most respectfully,
Mike Rock

Kudos to you for stepping up and admitting there were some issues in the past. It is also neat that you are a forum member and obviously peruse the forums! I will contact you in the fall after I get over my latest purchase from Jim Borden... that should be in June or July, so I figure I can get away with another gun by September if I hide the fact from my wife...

Good deal Mike , so I guess I'll ask the question that everybody else wants to know

Will the end product be the same as the barrels for a couple years ago?
Same outstanding quality cut rifled barrels , just wondering because I know first hand that if to many hand get onto the product that quality can suffer , unless all your guys share the same passion for quality that you do

I appreciate the post! It has been about a year since I made that order. Even Kirby was surprised when I didn't hear anything. The gentleman that I spoke to was telling me how it was almost impossible to get the 1.25 diameter steel and that all of what you were getting was the 1.2 diameter! Ring a bell? It turned out to be of no consequence, but I was pretty keen on having a Mike Rock Barrel! Lets try again soon! I have something that is about to get off the ground and it would be my pleasure to go the same route that I wanted to go this time last year!

I have only one customer service experience with Mike Rock.

I called him one day in 2003 to order a barrel and went down the very next morning to see his operation. Only a couple hours from my home in Wisconsin.

Over about 3 hours or so I watched while Mike personally made my barrel. That's pretty good service!

Can't complain! Here's a group I shot out of my Rock barrel this morning. 338, 225 accubonds with 95.0 gr RL22:
ab95rl22.jpg

Mike,

I am finally getting to that barrel you shipped to me for a customer. It was a 270 cal with those really deep flutes, looks pretty sweet, in the lathe as we speak and about 1/2 way chambered.

Still trying to reach you but can not blame you, I am just as busy but we will cross paths here soon.

Kirby Allen(50)

Mike and his crew have been doing great and i have been getting my barrels quicker than i wanted. He makes a kick but bipod too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I have lots of 1/4" 5 shot groups with my .308 off of his bipod. I just built another .308 and a 300wm that are screamers. The .308 shoots 2810fps (SD of 6fps with varget!!) and the 300wm shoots 190gr hornady into one hole at 3120fps. I have built a bunch of 30cal rifles with Mikes barrels and have yet to get one that won't shoot into one hole. Here are some pictures.

Call me MR 3 shot cause I get too excited when I try 5 of'um why ruin a good thing /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
.308@ 100yds. 175gr SMK lapua brass 2790fps

343931.jpg

343932.jpg

600yds 1 cold bore and 3 shots (forgot bullets and only had 4) same .308

343928.jpg

100yds load testing with the 200gr Accubonds. 300wm (3 in group one out)

318985.jpg

Here is my newest Rock creation with ABS carbon wrapping. Only had 5 bullets to shoot a group with after break in. 3 190gr smk's went into .175" @ 100yds. The Accubonds I am still working with, but they went 3/8 -1/2 easily. Just a bit too hot of a load.

Seekins Precision Carbon Trophy Taker
Remington 700 300wm
Rock/ABS barrel heavy M24 contour 11.25 twist
PTG custom Bolt, Sako extractor, tig welded Remington handle
McMillan M40-3 stock. Flush cups, decelerator pad and molded in finish
Seekins Precision Rings, base and SRS bipod adaptor
Rock SOPMOD bipod
Leupold MK4 6.5-20 scope
Cerakote finish
TIS sling

399661.jpg

399662.jpg

actually dont use any rock barrels I want all of them for myself /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.