Rock Creek Barrels

reed mosser

I was wondering if anybody has had any experience with Rock Creek button rifled barrels. I was looking at try a 7 twist in .224 cal. I know their cut rifled barrels are top notch. They are very attractivley priced at $185 a blank. Are they on par with with hart lilja and the other top names. Or are they more comparable to a say Douglas. Thanks

As much as I love Mike and his barrels- his button barrels are a crap shoot....he makes them for LMT as factory barrels and some shoot great and some .....well......
If you want a top notch barrel then stick with his cut rifled barrels or get a Broughton for the best button rifled barrel.

Thanks for the honest reply. The only good things I heard about were his cut rifled barrels. I think the next barrel I buy with be a broughton barrel. Your thoughts are highly recpected Thanks for your input Reed

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.