Rock Creek Barrel

bjlooper

Hi
Thanks for all the help and advice that many have giving me on choosing the componets for my new rifle. I know I have asked way to many questions, but yall have been great about anwsering them. So this is what I have decided on.

Borden Alpine Action 28 oz
Rock Creek Barrel 24" #2 Dakota 1/11 40 oz
High-Tec Sheep hunter Stock 17 oz
Leupold 3X9 ultralight 8 oz
Talley Aluminum 4 oz
Total 95 oz = 6 lb 1 oz

Thanks

Sounds like a realy good setup. I plan to build a light weight hunter this year also , I'm gonna use a HighTech Specialties stock and either a sporter conture fluted Broughton or a ABS carbon barrel.

Whas caliber are you using ?

JD 300WSM I was planning on using a Broughton 5c barrel, but #3 nonfluted is the lighest .308 barel they make, and #5 or 6# that they will flute.
I was also vry intrested in ABS bt High-Tec doesn't make a stock that will fit My next project is a .257 STW which will have a 28"-30" ABS.
Dr B

I plan to use their varmint style , it has a little wider forend , I'll probably have to do some major surgery to the barrel chanel but its not that big of a deal , I have used their stock several times and have never been disapointed. each one has had alot of work done to it either higher comb or open barrel chanel and every one has had the grip reshaped and enlarged. just takes a some time , fiberglass and time but the ned result is always nice.

What part of MS are you from

AckleyFan, No they are suposed to be shiped in May

JDJones, I talked to Mike at ABS aout the Rem Varmit barrel channel,He sad his barrels are larger than the Rem Vrmit, whic is why I went with a straight Rock Creek.
When i build my 257 STW I'm planning on using ABS and Lone Wolf or McMillian. Good luck on you rifle

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts