RL-33 Load Data

Wow. Thanks for providing data. This powder looks to be quite a bit slower than RL-25. Just the one I've been looking for to use in 6.5 STW. I hope kernels smaller than H50BMG. Wish in one hand and <€*& in the other and which one fills up first. Right?

Tim

Here's the data. Hope it shows up.

Picture 1.png

That'll save you a lot of emails. :)

Where's the velocity gain? I didn't see anything that can't be reached without RL33 ? RL17 did really step up the velocities.

I've never heard of RL-33. I was under the impression that RL-25 was the slowest powder that they offered, in that series. And if I recall correctly, it even states that on the container. Did they just come out with 33, or something?

I've never heard of RL-33. I was under the impression that RL-25 was the slowest powder that they offered, in that series. And if I recall correctly, it even states that on the container. Did they just come out with 33, or something?

They haven't started shipping it yet. They are still waiting on DOT approval.

OK, I guess that's as fresh as fresh could possibly be, seeing as though nobody actually has their hands on any yet! I would love to see the data posted, once the powder starts flowing, as I AM a big fan of the reloader series powders.

For those who are wondering about RL-33: I have heard that Alliant was going to have Nitrochemie make a magnum version of RL-17 for a couple of years now. It would also have a longer burning curve. IF it does have similar characterisitcs to RL-17 we will figure that out pretty quickly once it hits the market. Last I heard it is supposed to show up sometime this summer. Hope they deliver in a timely manner so we can work up loads before the fall hunts.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts