Rings for my Super Sniper 3-9x42?

megastink

what are some good 30mm options for lightweight yet sturdy/reliable rings for my SWFA 3-9x42? Also, what height, if you know the optic. Thanks!

what are some good 30mm options for lightweight yet sturdy/reliable rings for my SWFA 3-9x42? Also, what height, if you know the optic. Thanks!

To "know the optic" isn't nearly as important as knowing the dimensions of the gun it's being mounted on and the dimensions of the face of the person who's going to be shooting it.

The rings should be the height which will hold the scope centered on the eye of the shooter when the rile is held with a comfortable and stable hold in the shooting style that's going to be used. (standing, prone, bench etc). No one can do that for you, at least not without you being present for fitting.

I highly recommend TPS rings. I've got a SWFA 10x, great scope, and that's what I use and they are very solid rings. Doesn't mean there aren't other good ones out there. They also come in aluminum or steel. In my opinion some of the best rings you can get for the money. I got mine here at the LRH store. I think mine are low height and generally I try to go as low as possible but of course gun and scope base dimensions play a part in that as well as your cheek weld. Hope this helps.

Talley Lightweight's would be worth a look...very solid mounts.

I've got a set of low's with a 42mm scope with enough room for a set of lens covers.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.