Rings for a good price?

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by tommyc279, Nov 25, 2011.

1. tommyc279

tommyc279 Well-Known Member

I am having trouble deciding what rings to buy. I have a Savage LRP 6.5 creedmoor and I am going to run Sightron glass. The scope is the 10x42 mmd with 30 mm tube. I have tried Burris Tac rings, warne rings, luepold and I seem to like the Burris Signature with inserts the best. Are these a good choice for a long range setup, or would the Burris tac be a better choice? Price is a factor but more important than anything is a simple strong setup. Not fancy or into looks just want performance. Thanks for any input!

2. timl

timl Well-Known Member

I like the Talley lightweight rings. The ones I have are the one piece unit, very light and they seem very strong. Burris is good too. You shouldn't need "tactical" rings with your setup, recoil shouldn't be an issue.

3. winmagman

winmagman Well-Known Member

I have the Burris Signature rings on a 300 WM, 7 SAUM, 6.5-284, 6.5 WSSM, 243 and soon on a 260. My opinion "If it ain't broke don't fix it" Till I have a problem with them they'll be what I continue to use.

Chris