rings and bases

lurcher

Working a tight budget I have just bought a 20 moa EGW picatinny base for a remington model 7. Just wondered what people thought of the burris XTR alloy rings? I have tried looking on brownells for tactical precision systems (TPS) rings which were my first choice but they are sold out and I emailed TPS direct and got no response. Tried emailing several other e-retailers that stock TPS but got no response (they may be ignoring me because I'm an international customer).

Cheers

John

TPS is ignoring everybody apparently , Ithink they got a big contract and bit off more than they can chew. I bought three sets of rings for friends and customers and NONE , of the rings came with any screws , contacted Brownells about replacing them and they said they were out , they gave me a refund and I used sombody elses rings.

I haven't ever delt with the Burris rings , if it were me I would spend the little extra money and get good rings this way you know your scope isin't gonna get dicked up from out of square cheaper rings.
E-mail Glenn Seekins and get a set of his rings , they are worth every penny then some. Welcome to Seekins Precision. and his rigs are very light.

The rail you have is OK , I would have opted for a Seekins rail as the material Glenn uses is alot stronger but if your not gonna be to abusive to the gun they it'll work fine

Working a tight budget I have just bought a 20 moa EGW picatinny base for a remington model 7. Just wondered what people thought of the burris XTR alloy rings? I have tried looking on brownells for tactical precision systems (TPS) rings which were my first choice but they are sold out and I emailed TPS direct and got no response. Tried emailing several other e-retailers that stock TPS but got no response (they may be ignoring me because I'm an international customer).
Cheers
John

I have always used Burris Signature Zee Rings with no slippage problems whatsoever on 7mm Dakota's, 7mm Rem Mag Improved, 7.82 Patriot, and various 284 Win based cartridges with great succcess. All of these were in specialty handguns, some of which were light-weight set-ups.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.