Ring Height

crittergitter

I would like to get another 12 moa or so of useable elevation adjustment out of my scope (100 yard 0 is about 1/3 of the way through the range of adjustment) and I had myself convinced that one size shorter rings would do the deed. After juggling the idea in my mind for a while, I have decided that I actually need one size higher. I already have a 20 moa rail. Somebody set me straight please!

Could be wrong here but I wouldn't think that ring height would make any difference in your useable elevation. More elevation range in your scope, or look into Seekins bases and have him make you a custom cant.

Joe Oakes

Different ring height isn't going to do anything but possibly mess up your cheek weld.

You could either get another base with more MOA or look at the Burris Sig. ring with inserts. With these you could get the moa you need just by using the proper inserts. Check out the Burris rings here:
Burris - Solid Steel Rings

Last edited:
I was thinking that raising the rings .15" would result in having to dial the elevation knob down .15" for the same point of impact...which would give extra useable elevation adjustment. If you guys say that my logic is wrong, then I'll believe you and stick with what I have. My scope is a little higher than I like it anyhow. I appreciate the help.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.