Ring height help please?

RangerBrad

I believe I've decided on the base and rings but could use some help on height.

I'll be ordering the EGW heavy duty 20MOA base and TPS-TSR rings This will be sitting on a MR-7 25-06 with a krieger #5 barrel The scope will be the G7 with 50mm objective.

I chose the 20moa base because I thought it would help the 25-06 reach 1000yds ( my personal goal) without maxing out the scope.

I hope this sounds good to yal and could yal recommend a ring height please? Thank's, Brad

sitting on a rail makes for a little taller setup. i have a badger 30 moa rail with badger lows (.250 high) on my 338 with a #6 Krieger and my 50mm leupold sits nice and close to the barrel so i think lows are your best bet.

I do know the EGW HD rail sits lower than their tactical rail. If you get everything before rings, you can buy some square keys at a hardware store of different sizes. If you pair that with info from the ring manufacturer you can get real close. I'm using an HD rail on a Savage 110 action with a heavy barrel and a 35mm tube scope with 56mm bell. My rings measure .250" from the top of the rail to the bottom of the scope tube. I have plenty of room.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.