Rimfire bug bit!

Discussion in 'Rimfire and Airguns' started by Rupe, Apr 12, 2008.

1. Rupe

Rupe Well-Known Member

Well decided that my Wife needed to have a rimfire rifle. She has shot my firearms alot, but didnt have one of her own yet. So we went down and bought her a Marlin 925 .22lr and a Simmons .22mag 3-9 scopte. They were such good buys that we ended up buying me one as well. I only have an old WWII Marine trainning rifle semi-auto and have wanted a bolt action for along time. Well got one. We are going out to the range today to sight them in. Being a big bore handgun hunter it's going to be fun having a little plinker for sagerats and rat-zilla's (nurtra).gun)
    Yes the rimfire bug bit!

2. Moman

Moman Well-Known Member

Rupe, you'll be glad you bought two of those. This way you guys wont fight over just one. My son and I just got Marlin 917's last month and they're some of the funnest guns we have.

3. screech

screech Well-Known Member

yeah, after that you will have to start playing with the 17hmr's. We use those alot. I use the 22lr alot for short range round squirles but the HMR smokes it when you get to a p-dog town.

4. Rupe

Rupe Well-Known Member

I got to shoot a .17hmr last weekend. Man what a little speedster and tack driver. It was out of a Marlin, I don't know the model number. I'll stick with the .22lr for awhile, but maybe someday. LOL