Riflesmith need to true HOWA action

Give Nathan Dagley a call , I'm pretty sure that he can do it , it will oikely involve a gear change in the head of the lathe but it shoulden't be that big of a deal for most lathes if the gear is available.

I know that they make a Tap that converts the metric threads to american , so their should be a fix to single point the threads to american , I'm not sure how good of a job that will do but I've heard it can be done.

Best bet would be to just true the factroy threads.

I'm taked to Peter Lincon a good bit about the Howa actions and in his experiance which is ALOT , they require very little work to "true" them up. In all honesty they are a superior desgine to the Rem 700

I've done the Howa and Weatherby Vanguards before. The metric thread isn't such a big deal as long as your lathe has a metric quick change gear or metric lead screw. My lathe will cut metric threads but you can't dis-engage the half nut. I use GTR Tooling to blueprint actions and the Howa and Vanguards have just a liitle bit smaller bolt diameter than .700" Specialized bushings may need to be made to fit also since they are an odd size.

I was in contact with Nathen about Howa actions a few weeks ago, he replied he could do the work.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts