Rifle Stock - Wood

Homer

Want a good serviceable walnut stock for my deer rifle. Is custom the way to go or should I just use something like a Boyd stock. I do not want a synthetic or laminate.

Richards Microfit sells some pretty nice claro walnut semi inletted that you can finish to your taste. I've done a lot of business with these folks and they've always sent me high quality materials.

Anybody have experience yet with Accurate Innovations? Their stocks look very nice and they aren't that expensive.

What action are you giong to put in it? I want a laminated stock for my win mod 70 and I will not have any use for the original stock. Factory wood in good condition, interested?

HOMER--- I HAVE TALKED TO ACCURATE INNOVATIONS AT LENGTH. AS A RESULT, I HAVE ORDERED SEVERAL OF THEIR STOCKS FOR IMMEDIATE DELIVERY, AND PLACED AN ORDER FOR 3 MORE THAT THEY WILL HAVE TO MAKE FOR ME. I SPECIALIZE IN BUILDING 30-378 AND 338-378 RIFLES WITH HEAVY BARRELS ON MK V ACTIONS, AND THEY ARE ABLE TO SUPPLY TARGET OR VARMINT STOCKS WITH ALUMINUM BEDDING INSERTS AND BARREL CHANNELS FOR HEAVY TAPER BARRELS SUCH AS THE SHILEN #7 STAINLESS SELECT MATCH. MOST OF MY RIFLES WEIGH BETWEEN 12 AND 18 lbs SCOPED, WITH UP TO 28" BBL LENGTH. MY NEXT PROJECT IS A 30-378 WITH A 28" HART HVY BBL AND NO BRAKE, TRYING FOR 10 - 11 lbs SCOPED... AS SOON AS THE 1ST ORDER COMES IN, I WILL POST IMPRESSIONS, AND AS SOON AS I HAVE RANGE RESULTS, WILL POST AGAIN. THEY DO THEIR OWN MANUFACTURE; INSERTS, STOCKS, AND ASSEMBLY. NOTHING OUTSOURCED BUT MATERIAL: (AND THEY ARE GUN GUYS). I AM VERY OPTIMISTIC. STAY TUNED.

Specweld.

Welcome to the Long range hunting forums and thanks for posting.

I would ask one favor from you. PLEASE STOP YELLING. It is customary to reserve caps for adding emphasis or displaying a loud tone. Some also find it hard to see and read well.

Thanks and again welcome to LRH. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.