rifle scabbard

trueblue

Is anyone using a horse or ATV and rifle scabbard to transport their long gun to there longrange hunting area ? I would like to find a good scabbard that would handle a rifle with a 30" barrel and a Nightforce scope. Has anyone used the Outfitters Supply Trailmax Guardian scabbard WSC137 ?

Jim
We used that scabbard in Alaska last year with good results. It carried my 30" 14 pound rifle complete with an NXS rather well for the $100 it cost. There are better scabbards out there, but this one is a good value and works with the "bigger" sticks.

If you are looking for a quality scabbard to use horseback (scabbard for a quad is a whole different deal) there are saddle shops all over Idaho and in other states as well that will build a scabbard to your dimensions or have a style that is close to what you want. The fella I have used for years has retired so when my new rifle is done I will need a larger scabbard as well. There is a link below as an example. Do a Google search.

Rifle scabbard, rifle scabbards, leather rifle scabbard, bow scabbard

Has anyone used the Outfitters Supply Trailmax Guardian scabbard WSC137 ?
Yup. Swallows up my rifle with ease:

PICT0003.jpg

Thanks guys. If I go with a 32" barrel, I might have to go the custom scabbard route.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.