rifle scabbard

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by trueblue, Oct 12, 2008.

1. trueblue

trueblue Well-Known Member

Is anyone using a horse or ATV and rifle scabbard to transport their long gun to there longrange hunting area ? I would like to find a good scabbard that would handle a rifle with a 30" barrel and a Nightforce scope. Has anyone used the Outfitters Supply Trailmax Guardian scabbard WSC137 ?

2. Joel Russo

Joel Russo Official LRH Sponsor

Jim
    We used that scabbard in Alaska last year with good results. It carried my 30" 14 pound rifle complete with an NXS rather well for the $100 it cost. There are better scabbards out there, but this one is a good value and works with the "bigger" sticks.

3. kcebcj

kcebcj Well-Known Member

If you are looking for a quality scabbard to use horseback (scabbard for a quad is a whole different deal) there are saddle shops all over Idaho and in other states as well that will build a scabbard to your dimensions or have a style that is close to what you want. The fella I have used for years has retired so when my new rifle is done I will need a larger scabbard as well. There is a link below as an example. Do a Google search.

Rifle scabbard, rifle scabbards, leather rifle scabbard, bow scabbard

4. Jon A

Jon A Well-Known Member

Yup. Swallows up my rifle with ease:

[​IMG]

5. trueblue

trueblue Well-Known Member

Thanks guys. If I go with a 32" barrel, I might have to go the custom scabbard route.