Rifle Cases

Dennis_in_VA

I am would like to ask the members here at LRH what brand / model gun cases they use for their long range (long barreled) rifles be it either a soft case or a hard case.

HARD! I found some pelicans for $175ish rather than the factory $320....Look around if you want a GOOD plastic...cabelas has some nice aluminum for about the same price.

Do-All Flight Proof Case is a monster of a case but worth every penny in my book. There is only a handful of cases that guns over 52" will fit and I wouldn't fly with half of those. The only problem with this case is the fact there is only two latches. When you put a 14 lb rifle in there and lift it with the handle between the latches there seems to be some flexing. There is a large v groove there and it would never come apart, it just feels funny.

Seems to be an industry standard at 52". If your rifle is over 52" this would be your best option for a hard case.

i've been looking for a good case that will fit my gun, of course mine is only 40" long.but i would like to find something that's a little shorter to fit it.

Dave, if it were 2" shorter it would fit in a breakdown shotgun case. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

They do make that case in a 52" and it is reasonable.

Dennis I received my caseguard rifle case today,it is 63in. long 6in. deep has 6 latches,two for padlock gds9290cw, highly recomened

There is one problem, last week the same case was 179.00 that is what I paid 218 delivered another place had them but sold out I think it was Beacon cases, it is made by vanguard I think?

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.