rifle/caliber help. 7mm,30,338??

what kind of lube do you use, how much and how do you get rid of it? is your scale on your workbench or do you have a dedicated table? how often do you check the zero?

ok, went and read the previous posts. sounds like you have pretty much exhausted the possibilities. i agree with most of what was said and the guys on this post are pretty knowledgable, great resources. i think that it is a simple problem, but i doubt we can get to the cause without seeing the gun. i think the cheapest way out would be to get your buddy's sendero and shoot that one. when you want to go to 338 you can just rebarrel (would blue print the action first).
If you shoot long distance, i would definitely go with the heaviiest best BC bullet out there. the drop is well worth the difference in wind bucking capabilities. with your 300 try 150, 180, 200 grainers at the600 yard jugs in windy weather. it will astound you the difference in just the 180-200 grainers. then try a 210 VLD or 220 SMK. it is much more significant than the books tell you.
good luck, god bless.

Many of the newer reloading manuals are rather mild now days. If you don't have pressure signs I'd go up on some of your loads. Most of the belted magnum cased rifles I have like to run right at or just a touch below max loads. I would try H-1000 if you haven't already too. It's typically really accurate in many different belted magnum cases and it meters really well.

Other then that I'm sticking with my original advise of either a rebarrel, a Sendero, or a LRH from Remington. Use a good smith and you won't be disappointed with the results from a rebarrel.

Yeah i'm just going to buy another rifle. not sure if its the 7mm sendero or a 338 yet. I'm not doing the reloading a freind of mine is and he has a bench set up for it. he's been reloading for many years and knows what he's doing. he reloads 210 bergers for his 300 ultra mag and 300 wsm and they shoot real well.

went with the 7mm ultra mag for now. Hope one day to have the APS 338. Thanks everyone for the good info.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.