Rifle Basix Trigger??

longrange.270

So today I installed a Rifle Basix trigger in my Remmy 700 that had the X-Mark trigger. Well got it in and all is good but for some reason my bolt stop will not release or go down all the way, so that the bolt can come out. It will let it come down if the stock is off but with it on it won't. Anybody run across this before when installing one? Got any ideas?? Thanks Jake

Something in your stock is mostly likely rubbing against this mechanism. It may need a bit more inletting around the new trigger mechanism.

I had the same issue you're having (sorry, can't remember exactly how I solved it) and a safety issue with my RB trig.

Don't want to bad mouth them, but had trouble with my safety after installed on Rem 700 last year. Sent it back to the factory and they sent it back to me and said it was fine. Wrong...it was not fine--far from it. Fortunately, Midway was gracious enough to take it back. It was exchanged for a Jewell which has worked flawlessly once installed and it's all SS construction so there's less rust issues to worry about.

There is at least one trusted 'smith that helps out on this site quite a bit that wrote sometime last fall, I believe, that he was only going to be reccomending Jewell trigs to clients and not RB anymore. After getting the Jewell and seeing the difference in construction, etc., I should have gotten one years ago. Just my experience. I'm sure others may have had the opposite.

that definately sounds like your bolt release is hitting your stock. try removing small amounts where stock makes contact with a dremel tool.

I installed one of these and also had this problem. If you installed per their instructions(drill the pin holes that hold the trigger assembly w/1/8" bit, and polish replacement pins with fine sand paper before installation so ther is no binding) The pins fit very loose that hold the trigger assembly in place( they may be on the short side as well). The pin that goes through the sprung lever that releases the bolt has slid to the right side of the gun just enough that it is not completly through the sprung lever. If you take your gun out of the stock you'll see what I'm talking about. This was my issue anyway. Hope this helps, sometimes I have a hard time putting thoughts that make sense into words that make sense.

As an aside, I will be replacing my 3rd rifle basixs trigger in a rem 700 with a jewel as well. Yup, 3 in the same gun right in a row!

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.