Rifle Basics trigger adjustment help..

ol mike

Hello ,

I ordered a rifle basics LV-1 that was suppose to be set at 10-12oz. ,i was sent the L-1 by mistake.While installing it there was a little bell going off in my head -the words "call before adjusting" - the L-1 is suppose to be a 1 1/2 to 4# trigger -this thing is 5-6# at least.
Called them up -he said he'd email me the instructions for adjustment -the instructions won't open or save to my computer etc. etc. .

How do i adjust this trigger -i don't want to start turning screws without knowing which screw is which.
I've adjusted rem 700 triggers before but all the screws on the rifle basics trigger are on the front of the trigger.
Thanks for any help.
Just hoping the trigger will adjust to 1 1/2 - 2lbs .
Mike

Last edited:
I might have some old instructions, I'll look and let you know.

You might also search Triggers or Rifle Basic Triggers in the forum, I've seen alot older post about those triggers.

Hello ,

I ordered a rifle basics LV-1 that was suppose to be set at 10-12oz. ,i was sent the L-1 by mistake.While installing it there was a little bell going off in my head -the words "call before adjusting" - the L-1 is suppose to be a 1 1/2 to 4# trigger -this thing is 5-6# at least.
Called them up -he said he'd email me the instructions for adjustment -the instructions won't open or save to my computer etc. etc. .

How do i adjust this trigger -i don't want to start turning screws without knowing which screw is which.
I've adjusted rem 700 triggers before but all the screws on the rifle basics trigger are on the front of the trigger.
Thanks for any help.
Just hoping the trigger will adjust to 1 1/2 - 2lbs .
Mike

You'll need Adobe Acrobat to view (it;s free from various sources) then try opening the instruction directly from their website ...

Downloads : Rifle Basix, Custom Bolt-Action Triggers

Good luck!

Ed

You'll need Adobe Acrobat to view (it;s free from various sources) then try opening the instruction directly from their website ...

Downloads : Rifle Basix, Custom Bolt-Action Triggers

Good luck!

Ed

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Already did all that -it won't open or save and then open -NOTHING.

My impression of Rifle Basics as a company isn't too high that's for sure.....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Already did all that -it won't open or save and then open -NOTHING.

My impression of Rifle Basics as a company isn't too high that's for sure.....

Are you saying you cannot save or open the instructions posted on their website? If so, it's got to be at your end because I can view and save all of them.

Anyways, I'm sorry you feel that way about Rifle Basix. I never have any problem with them or their products.

If they send you the wrong part send it back for what you ordered or get a refund, esp if you are not satisfied or struggling with it.

Hope that you'll have it resolved. Good luck!

Ed

ADDED:

Saved it as paint ...

RBInc.jpg

Last edited:
I have just downloaded all the pdf files from the site, there are no instructions for actually adjusting the triggers. They do state....."call us before adjusting".

I am pretty sure you can get the pull weight down to where it should be, but I understand your frustration. If I am understanding you correctly, The e-mailed instructions wouldn't open or download??

Seems like I remember seeing in an older post which screw was what.
Perhaps another call to RB and they can simply tell you which screw is which, or try sending you the instructions in another file type or compressed.??

I haven't had a chance to look for the instruction that I might have yet.
In the meantime, this may help:
http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f19/remington-700-rifle-basix-trigger-adjustment-57034/

or

http://www.riflebasix.com/Rem_Instructions.pdf

Last edited:
Feenix -yes the trigger is already installed -my computer won't open the 'adjustment' instructions RB sent me .
I explained to the man who answered the phone at RB that i was sent the wrong trigger AND the one i received was well over 1 1/2 -4lb of pull.
He told me the trigger was set at 2lbs -i told him this L-1 was 5-6lbs -he said they are set on a gun there and sometimes when put on another rifle the pull weight goes up.?.
I told him that i have adjusted many rem.700 triggers -just tell me what the three screws on the front do -and will the trigger really adjust down to a safe 1-1/2lbs .
He told me yes it will and he'd rather email me the adjustment instructions b/c he'd be there all day trying to explain it to me ,after repeating my email address 6-8 times he got it right..
The adjustment instructions wouldn't open or save on my computer -why i don't know -called back at 4:00pm their time -no answer..

Thanks SBruce if Glover knows what he's talking about with the RB trigger -that is what i need -although my load developement weekend chance has come and gone thanks to RB and my computer.
Thanks guys ---Mike

I found the old instructions that I've got. They didn't have anything at all on adjustment procedure, just installation.

They did show a picture of the trigger assembly and it stated:

Top screw = Weight of Pull
Middle Screw = Overtravel
Bottom Screw = Sear Engagement

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.