Rifle Barrel Marks?

gslinger

Can anyone tell me what the marking on benchmark barrel mean.
CAN they tell me what the specs are on this barrel.
WHAT I KNOW: 3o inches
1 in 9 twist
#17 krieger
THANKS

Attachments

• Picture1.png
    Picture1.png
    474.2 KB · Views: 133
-5 groove, probably R form
-2771 or whatever it says would be serial number (pic went away when I started the reply)
-Steel lot "L"? (Internal info for them)
-"S" for stainless,? I don't know why it wouldn't say SS

Thank you for the info.
Can these marks tell if it's cut or button rifled barrel.

thanks

from benchmark barrels

Thats a 7mm 9twist 5R rifling with the reamer dia, lapped twice by Adam.
Thanks,
Chris
Benchmark Barrels

accurate shooter/6mmbr:
<H2>Benchmark Expands Centerfire Barrel Line

Benchmark Barrels of Arlington, Wa
benchmark2x350.jpg

Centerfire Barrel Production
Benchmark offers a full range of centerfire calibers now, from .22 all the way up to .50 caliber. The three-groove, standard land, 8-twist 6mm barrel has been shooting exceptionally well, and Benchmark recently acquired new buttons so it can deliver 1:7″ and 1:9″ twists too. The 6.5mm barrels and 30 caliber barrels have been shooting very well also according to match reports. Benchmark can deliver both canted-land and conventional land versions of its centerfire barrels. Which shoots best? According to barrel-maker Ron Sinnema, "the 6mm 3-grooves with standard lands are working great. Bruce Baer tried one recently and said is was exceptionally accurate." And for customers who prefer cut-rifled barrels, Benchmark now offers cut rifling in most bore sizes, from .22LR all the way up to rifled shotgun bores.

</H2>

The info you found here is almost correct... But, we do not make cut barrels, only pull button.
Chris
Benchmark

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.