Rifle and caliber choices

When I was his age I got a 22 and felt like a king lol. As my son is growing (he is 6) I see all the toys he has to look forward to. He loves my 50 and said I should just let him keep it till he is old enough.

barnesuser28 I'm 5'9" and 225 lbs I have shot a ton of different stuff over the last 20 years. I used to love recoil a lot. Shot a 460 WBY with no brake, that was a bit painful though. I have come to love a real good brake and despise a bad one. As I have gotten older I think I am getting a little smarter not much but a little. Now that my neck has a plate and some cadaver bone in it the brake choice is even more critical. I have shot one of Kirby Allen's Pain Killer brakes and am a lifetime believer. My dad has a light weight 300 win that I wont even try now as an 8 lb rifle with no brake would just be torture for me.
My dad has a 7.5 unbraked 300 rum and we shoot 180 grain bullets out of it and when I shoot it I can feel it the scope cover touch my eyebrow.:D

D.ID, I know I'm really lucky to be able to shoot and have access to this kinda stuff.:) gun)

barnesuser28 tell your dad thank you for bringing you up right. Its nice to see a smart kid that can and will listen and learn.

I will.:)
I remember my first hunt, a pheasant hunt with my dad and uncle. From then on I loved hunting and shooting. I got my first 22 when I was 7 or 8. gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.