Richard Franklin (Awesome Smith)

DesertFox, I look forward to hearing how you do. I am betting Henrey's Varminter does well. What weekend are you doing this?

P44

I hope wildcat's rifle is as good as he says.

He has no intentions of shooting at big game with his new gun, so what does it matter if he misses in the wind? To each his own...

Tyler,

I am positive the rifle will be awesome. Richard, desigend it around a Bartlien 30", 1-15 twist barrel with zero free bore for the 110grn V-Max and 125grn BT. Richard, told me he and his partner, who owns a 300 Varminter too, have made numerous kills on groundhogs at 900 yards, so I am pretty excited to shoot it at my favorit squirrel town. My favorite squirrel town has a max range of a little over 800 yards, I believe it's right at 825 yards. The weather, in my squirrel town, is perfect so the conditions are perfect for a rifle like this.

Very true, I will never use this rifle and bullet combo on large game. The rifle will be for varminting only and that's why it's designed they way it is.

I am having a 30/338 Lapua Improved built and designed around the 208grn A-Max and 210grn Berger. I am going to have Richard build this rifle too. This will be my long range rifle when the conditions get bad.

Anyhow, I am glad this post is getting a lot of attention. I really want people to know about Richard Franklin. He is a great smith, he builds awesome rifles and is an awesome guy.

Richard Franklin, builds Championship Bench Rest Rifles, Long Range 1000 yard Bench Rest rifles, F-Class Rifles, Long and Short range specialty varmint rifles, hunting rifles, ect. I know one of the rifles he built broke a bench rest record. He used to build his own stocks, so the man is very skilled when it comes to building an accurate rifle.

Look at his web site at Richard's Custom Rifles.

W.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts