Reworked 7 SAUM

Discussion in 'Gun Photos' started by Truc, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Truc

Truc Well-Known Member

I decided to change the stock I had on this rifle as it was heavy and I really like the McMillan A-3 Sporters, so it's now sporting

Stiller Tac 30 SA opened to accept the Wyatts extended box
    25" Varmint contour 1-8.5 gain twist Rock Creek barrel w/ 3 port Muscle Brake chambered of course in 7 SAUM.
    McMillan A-3 Sporter Edge version in olive drab

weight is just under 8.5 lbs without scope.

scope is Mark 4 6.5x20x50 Leupold w/ TMR reticle?
    Mounted in Burris Signature Zee rings

Have not shot it since it was restocked but originally shot in the .3"'s @100yds

IMG_1101.jpg

Last edited: Aug 20, 2013
  2. trebark

trebark Well-Known Member

Very nice rifle. What is your intended use? With a Wyatt's extended mag well, I assume it's a hunting rig. Have you considered going with a detachable mag and trying tactical competition? The 7saum shooting 180bergers is an awesome set up for longrange tactical work.

3. Truc

Truc Well-Known Member

Thanks Trebark, it's for hunting. The only DM I have used is the one on the Savage 338 Lapau, not for shooting freehand.
    I am building a F class 7 SAUM but will be loading it single shot and will be shot from my Farley rest. The .3 groups were with the 180 Bergers

4. calib

calib Well-Known Member

how do you like that stock so far? i have been looking at those since they were put out , just can not afford one rite now. they look very practical

5. Truc

Truc Well-Known Member

I really like the A-3 Sporter design, I have one on a 260 but not the Edge version in Grey Marble. The Edge version is 1/2 lb lighter but is painted and may scratch easier. At 1.8 lbs it is light and very solid.
    One thing I have learned is buying a cheaper stock is more expensive in the long run as I was not happy with the stock I had on this rifle, so sold it and took the plunge with the Edge.
    The A-3 Sporter shoots well from a bag or free hand which is a must for me and with the Edge weighing less makes it even easier. The Edge is 1 lb lighter than what I had on it and better barrel match as it had to be opened to fit the Rem Varmint contour.