return visit

rifleshooter

This is now the third visit to this area just down the road from me i was contacted saying another three fox's had been seen,i had a fair idea it was the cubs to the dog and vixen shot a while back,again arrived a couple of hours before dark,as i have said this is not realy a good place to lamp ,so again like last time got in a good vantage point and waited ,this time i was caught by suprise,just hapend to look behind me and up on the bank two fox's,as i attempted to move one of them spoted me so i thought that was it as it made off into cover the other staring in my direction,this proved to be awckward as i was facing down and the fox's were up on a bank eventualy i got into a position where i could get a shot off,and droped the first fox,then some movement caught my eye to the left of the one i shot and there was its mate pearing out of the cover ,big mistake sent the 50 gr nosler on its way and down it went and i have to say i was shaking after all this,no sign of a third but not suprised after the shots were taken as one was only 82 yds and the other 94,i know this is a long range site just thought i would go against the grain
picture052nv9.jpg

it was much lighter than this its just a crap camera when the light starts to fade the first fox was just below the four posts the second further right
picture053fc4.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.