Retumbo

Jim Hundley

Called Hodgdon today and they were not much help,so thought that I would try you guys!Has anybody tried Retumbo in a .300 Win.mag.using bullets in the weight range of 165-180grs.?If so,what would be the load range,accuracy,velocity?None of my loading books show stats on this combination.Thank you,Jimmy.

Jimmy
Might be too slow for what you want but.....I don't know what your are after so here is the hodgdon link
http://www.hodgdon.com/data/index.php
should get you started but starts at 200grn bullets
works fine in my 30-378 with 180 grn bullets, but it is way more overbore than what your using.
Also there are lots of good proven loads for the 300 Win why not use one of them?

Good luck CAM
CAM

Thanks,I have used the Retumbo with a 200 Accubond and it was great.I was just wondering if it would work with lighter bullets.Jimmy.

Id have to agree with cam on this one. with the 300WM, and 180s, anything slower than H1000 is really counter productive,even with long barrels. Personally, my 180s don't see and thing slower than H4831, and I know guys who have told me that was too slow! Retumbo may get you great accuracy, but you will probably be well to the slow side of this cases potential.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts