Retreiving powder from connecticut to iowa

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by lifttop, Mar 14, 2013.

1. lifttop

lifttop New Member

I need some info please. I purchased mans personal inventory of b.m.g. reloading supplies off gunbroker . com, he has sent primers-bullets-cases-equip. from connecticut to iowa, but nobuddy will allow him to ship powder, he is having a hard time finding someone who has a hazmat permit to pay to ship any help would be greatly appreciated. he has 5ea. of #8 lb containers, will breakup as needed to ship. Thank You.

2. Cold Trigger Finger

Cold Trigger Finger Well-Known Member

I'm surprised there isn't a truck shipping company there. I would think primers would be a lot harder to ship than powder. Who do people that sell fireworks use for shipping? That may be your best bet.

3. metalhead

metalhead Well-Known Member

UPS handles powder. He need to take it to a UPS shipping locale and fill out the paperwork and pay the hazmat fee. Its around $25.00 and you can ship up to 64lbs of powder and 5K primers under one hazmat. FYI, the primers should have been sent under a hazmat class as well.

4. lifttop

lifttop New Member

Thank You for responding, the connecticut man & myself both contacted ups hazmat & were both told unless he has a contract with ups or has taken the hazmat training course they will not ship. & sofar he has not found a trucking co. or secondary retail store that will ship.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2013
  5. Joe King

Joe King Well-Known Member

sounds like your going to have take a road trip

6. Lefty7mmstw

Lefty7mmstw Well-Known Member

A trucker with a haz-mat cert. should be able to help if he knows one, correct??

7. lifttop

lifttop New Member

Thank you, Any ideas how to locate a crosscountry trucker with a hazmat permit. Again Thank You for taking the time to answer.

8. Cold Trigger Finger

Cold Trigger Finger Well-Known Member

Maybe fire crackers are illegal in Connecticut, I don't know but u need a hazardous permit to truck them.

9. johnp034

johnp034 Well-Known Member

How did he ship you the primers without going hazmat?