Results: Load Development & Accurizing (part 2)

FullCurlHunter

See previous post "Results: Load Development & Accurizing (part 1)" if you have not read already.

Results: Load Development & Accurizing (Part 2)
After expanding barrel channel with sandpaper so barrel does not touch the stock:
Picture055.jpg

Picture056.jpg

Picture062.jpg

Picture073.jpg

6. After noticing that the 2 pressure points were very uneven (more pressure on one side of the barrel compared to the other) i decided to sand one side down level to the other so that equal pressure was being exerted on the barrel.
Picture019.jpg

At this point, I could not wait to shoot the rifle to see how it shot with the stock sanded down and pressure points leveled. So, I went out in pouring rain, shot in the middle of the woods off an old very unstable shooting bench and shot 7 shots at a drenched target... The soggy target reflected that the gun still shot 1" groups (but I was in hope that it would shoot tighter now given the wind, rain, bench and uncomfortable shooting conditions!)

…..Continued in part 3.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.