restocking a rem. model 7

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Larry P243, Feb 19, 2014.

1. Larry P243

Larry P243 Active Member

I hope this is in the right place ? sorry if it is not. here is my problem ,I am trying to get rid of the Tupperware stock on my mod.7 xcr to see if I can get it to shoot better. I find almost all stock makers with mod.700 sa stocks but i have read that the mod.7 sa is slightly shorter than the 700 sa. anyone know if this correct or just something I dreamed . boyds does list a stock for a m 7 but with a varmint barrel and my rifle has a fluted sporter, I may use this stock if i can not find one that is inletted for the sporter barrel

2. kiwi3006

kiwi3006 Well-Known Member

The rear action ring on the Model 7 is shorter than the 700 SA so a SA stock probably won't work.
    The stock with the varmint contour barrel will work, but you might/will have a big gap between the barrel and the stock.

3. EddieHarren

EddieHarren Well-Known Member

McMillan and HS Precision offer stocks for the M7.

4. Rustystud

Rustystud Well-Known Member

I personal use and recommend McMillian BDL stocks in Edge technology for all my Model 7 customers.

Nat Lambeth

5. Leslie Sapp

Leslie Sapp Well-Known Member

Are you reloading for it? My wife's model 7 went from 2" at 100 yd groups with factory ammo down to a 5/8", 5 shot group the first day I started working up a load for it.

6. Larry P243

Larry P243 Active Member

I do reload but 1" is as good as it will do and 1 1/2" with factory, that is why I decided to get rid of the factory tupper ware stock. I think I am going to go with a laminated thumbhole stock bed it and see if that makes enough difference for me to live with , if not I will re-barrel it .

7. Rustystud

Rustystud Well-Known Member

I have rebarreled all my model 7 rifles. 308, 7mm/08, and .243. All are now in McMilllin BDL Edge technology stocks and Jewell triggers. All shoot hand loads .5 moa.
    Nat Lamberth

8. Sully2

Sully2 Well-Known Member

Have ya looked at stocks from "Stockys". Normally laminated wood...but strong as hell...and he also sells various brands of the plastic stocks. I have 4 of his various designed wooden laminates and love them