Resetting Leupold Turret to Zero

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by Havingfun, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Havingfun

Havingfun Well-Known Member

Just got a used Leupold Vari X III 6.5-20X50 LRT scope and didn't get the owner's manual with it. I need to know how to re-set the turrets to zero when I get it sighted in.

I noted a small allen type screw but am not sure exactly what to do once I loosen it. I assume I just spin the dial but don't know how this disengages the turret.

Also, does anyone know where I might be able to download the owners manual for this scope?

Thanks,

2. Havingfun

Havingfun Well-Known Member

Oops.

Just found a manual from an older scope in my files that explains the process. Pretty simple actually.

I am curious though if anyone knows how my Vari X III (with 30mm tube) varies from the Mark 4 version. They seem to be almost the same scope. Was mine a precursor to the Mark 4?

3. hareng

hareng Well-Known Member

Pretty self explanatory it is the grub screw/s in top of turret same as the Mark 4 fitted to mine.

Visually the variable Mark 4 is same as VX3 without gold front bell band and turrets.
    The intrenals are totally different and so is the lovely glass and coatings.
    Perhaps a good 80% is different to VX3 and earlier imperial Vari x 3.