Reprinted from the Arkansas Democrat & Gazette ...

Discussion in 'Humor' started by philny1, Jul 20, 2007.

1. philny1

philny1 Well-Known Member

Reprinted from the Arkansas Democrat & Gazette ...

TWO LOCAL MEN INJURED IN FREAK ACCIDENT

Two local men were seriously injured when their pick-up truck left the road and struck a tree near
    Cotton Patch on State Highway 38 early Monday morning Woodruff County Deputy Davey Snyder
    reported the accident shortly after midnight Monday. Thurston Poole, 33, of Des Arc and Billy
    Ray Wallis, 38, of Little Rock are listed in serious condition at Baptist Medical Center.

The accident occurred as the two men were returning to Des Arc after a frog-gigging trip.
    On an overcast Sunday night, Poole's pick-up truck headlights malfunctioned. The two men
    concluded that the headlight fuse on the older model truck had burned out. As a replacement
    fuse was not available, Wallis noticed that a .22 caliber bullet from his pistol would fit perfectly
    into the fuse box next to the steering wheel column.

When the bullet was inserted, the headlights again began to operate properly and the two
    men continued eastbound toward the White River Bridge.

After they had traveled approximately 20 miles and just before they crossed the river, the bullet
    apparently overheated, discharged, and struck Poole in the right testicle. The vehicle swerved
    sharply to the right, exiting the pavement and striking the tree.

Poole suffered only minor cuts and abrasions from the accident, but will require surgery to repair the
    other wound. Wallis sustained a broken clavicle and was treated and released. "Thank God we weren't
    on that bridge when Thurston shot his nuts off or we might have been dead," stated Wallis. Said Deputy
    Snyder, "I've been a trooper for ten years in this part of the world, but this is a first for me. I can't believe
    that those two would admit how this accident happened!"

Upon being notified of the wreck Poole's wife, Lavinia, asked how many frogs the boys had caught and
    whether anyone had gotten them from the truck.

2. MT4XFore

MT4XFore Well-Known Member

Well, from Poole's wife's response, it doesn't sound like he will miss out on anything even if the "other" wound requires amputation!!

3. NYLES

NYLES Well-Known Member

Thats funny!

4. Buffalobob

Buffalobob Writers Guild

That was lucky for the gene pool!

5. davewilson

davewilson Well-Known Member

i was a little disappointed when "Slick Willy" didn't show up in that story!

6. Packrat 6

Packrat 6 Well-Known Member

End of the run for today f Jokkes from 2007...Thanks to all you guys back in 2007 posting these. It's been long enough that some of them a almost like new!

Packrat