***Reply from my United States Senator****

bigbuck

I decided to post some of what I recieved in the mail from my Senator.

" I have been and remain a firm supporter of the constitutionally-guaranteed right to keep and bear arms. We also know from history that efforts to restrict the rights of law-biding Americans have not been shown to reduce crime.

Local, state and federal officials should instead pursue measures that will work, such as improvements to mentalhealth policy and more aggressive efforts to target criminals-rather than peaceable Americans. As a former federal prosecuter, I know that the focus of government's effortsmshould be on criminals with guns. Laws that increase penalties for useing guns in crimes have worked. I checked federal prosecution records recently and found that under president Obama and Attorney General Holder, prosecutions of criminals who use and carry guns have fallen below the numbers during President Bush's term-the lowest since 2001. So what we have is an adminestration that reduces pressure on criminals using guns while placing more burdens on law-abiding citizens and their constitutional right to keep and bear arms.

Working together we can protect our liberties, our families,and the most vulnerable among us.

You can bet I will do my best to support my Senator!!!!!!!!

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.