Replacing Barrel

demo9pro

Well, ive currently got a T3 Lite, in .300wsm

Later on, after this barrel goes I would like to put a heavy barrel on it. Ive upgraded to a varmint stock, so the heavy barrel should fit in no worries.

What will I need in order to do this? And what price would I be looking at?

Any recommendations as to what Barrel? Will be used as a long range hunting gun.

Demo

The 300WSM doesent need much more than a 26" barrel so
I would recomend a Hunter bench rest taper from Lilja or a #7
select match from shillen or their equivalent in a 1 in 10 twist.

Both will finish at 27" long and the Lilja has a little bit faster taper
but has very nice ballance.

You can look them both up on line and look at the dimensions of both
you will want the breach end to be 1.250 with 3 or 4" of strait breach
before the taper starts.

There are other good barrels but both Lilja and shillen have good delivery
times and all of there barrels have met my required 1/2 MOA requirments.

both barrels will cost about $ 315.oo in stainless.

Just my opinion
J E CUSTOM

I prefer to mostly use a cut rifled barrel by Kreiger, but there are several other good rifle barrel mfg's. Broughton, Lilja, Hart just to name a few. Most ss barrels will run around $325 and to get it installed $150 - $200

I prefer to mostly use a cut rifled barrel by Kreiger, but there are several other good rifle barrel mfg's. Broughton, Lilja, Hart just to name a few. Most ss barrels will run around $325 and to get it installed $150 - $200

I use the Krieger tubes on almost all of my rifles and 100% on my competition ones..

BTW looked at your site and the meplat trimmer is really calling my name!!!! I have a point up die that Speedy built for himself that he let me have for my 142 SMK's but for my Warp 7 I need a trimmer like that one!! WOW does that look slick!!! We will be discussing this in the near term...

I`ve had good luck with Douglus barrels. There is really several good brands to chose from today. I would talk to the smith you have put it on and see what he prefers, or uses the most.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.