Removing Rust In Barrel

Geezers

Hello,

Great web site and first post.

I have an old 22 from a family member that has not been taken care of. Matter of fact they left it in a damp area and the barrel is pitted but cleaned up pretty good. However, I cannot get a 22 rod through the last inch or so on the crown end. I finally got a wire brush through it all but the rod will not make it through the last area of the crown. I have been soaking it in CLP overnight and running the brush through every day. Any ideas what I may try to clean this up? Thanks

If it's the last inch of barrel and it is that bad, cut it off and recrown. It won't shoot with that section of barrel on it anyway so it's not worth saving.

If it's the last inch of barrel and it is that bad, cut it off and recrown. It won't shoot with that section of barrel on it anyway so it's not worth saving.

Thanks for the re4ply, I was beginning to think my first post was a bust.

I may have to do that cause I am not getting anywhere with soaking it in CLP. Its not the product, just a neglected gun.

Thanks

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.