Removable muzzle brake

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by born2kill, Jun 12, 2013.

1. born2kill

born2kill Active Member

I'm in a debate with myself if I should get a muzzle brake or not. Is it possible to get a gunsmith to install a muzzle brake that is fairly easy to remove?

2. FEENIX

FEENIX Well-Known Member

Not really sure on your rationale but you might want to check this out if it meets your requirement ...

Brockman's Custom Gunsmithing

Also, you might want to consider POI with it on/off (on/removed). There are some old threads that address that concern.

i.e., http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f17/muzzlebrake-off-point-impact-49275/

Good luck!

3. Outlaw6.0

Outlaw6.0 Well-Known Member

Muzzle brakes have their place. On LRH rifles where a shooter is almost always prone, shots are long & spotting your shots is paramount; muzzle brakes are a must (IMHO). Even my dimunitive 6mm's wear them, for what I do, there is no down side.

Ask youself what kind of hunting you do. If your rifle is setup for stalking through the woods & quicker shots, it may not be worth it.

All of the Muzzle brakes I have can be removed quite easily, some more than others. If asked, every 'smith i've dealt with was willing to add a thread protecting cap to utilize when the brake was removed (I do not have any of these).

t

4. CB11WYO

CB11WYO Well-Known Member

+1
    This is exactly what I was going to say :) To a "T"