Remmy SPS Trigger Adjustment - HELP!

Hicks

I bought the GF an new 700 SPS in .308, bedded the action and filled up the hollow parts with Bondo. Looking at the trigger, it's not the X-Mark Pro trigger, but one that I'm not familiar with. And it breaks cleanly at about 10#. Unlike all my other Remmy triggers, this one only has two screws that I can see, both on the front. Looked online but to no avail. How do you adjust these triggers?

Hicks

I would guess yes. Here are a couple links that describe adjusting the triggers. You probably already have this info, but I thought I'd post them for anyone that does a search and finds this thread.

Remington Trigger Adjustments

http://www.theoutdoorwriter.com/shooting/r700_trigger.htm

AJ

Thanks AJ,

Interestingly enough, the back screw is so tight I just twisted my little hex wrench. Now I have to go get a bit for my Fat Wrench and see what I can do.

Hicks.

Ok, one more time before I give up on this trigger. Does anybody know if the back screw can actually be adjusted? Since I can't get the back screw out I talked to a friend of mine with the exact same rifle and he said that he couldn't get that screw out either!?!?!? Are these new triggers really adjustable at all???

Hicks

Yes they are. It just takes some heat to release the stuff they used to hold the screw from moving. after heating you might need to change all the spring out also as the heat will change the pressure and might make it hard to get a consectaint pull. but they can be put at 2 pounds and have a very clean pull.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.